Bye Bye 2013
Madpirate says goodbye to 2013 with mixed feelings, most of the year howled past like a banshee on speed , whilst other bits dragged themselves uphill through a waterfall of molasses , Madpirate however, has a sneaking suspicion that is normal. And yet is still, surprised that it is Xmas again , how did we get here so fast ? seems like yesterday Madpirate was glugging on the New Years bubbly..
A brief Summary of the Madpirates 2013…
High Points[icon_list style=”check”]
- Moved to neat house in Kirra, 500m from Kirra beach , with a great garden for the Rodent Queen and a shed for the Pirates harebrained schemes
- Great November midweek escape to Angourie , where the Pirate lived in luxury and scored great surf… 10/10 This trip made the Pirates year.
- Madpirate’s continued success in building his own boards has led to the decision to launch MadPirate SurfToys for BigBoys in 2014.
- Another Year navigated in reasonably good health and good cheer , just a few gashes , bruises and a burst eardrum along the way, no biggies luckily..
- Madpirate snuck into 2nd place ahead of Peter Buckley and Warren Horwood in the Legends division of the Currumbin Alley Boardriders , Congrats to Eric Pearson on the division win
- Madpirate will be a step GranPirate in the new year as his lovely Mo and Len add a fresh Pirateling to the crew.
- Madpirate got farted on — a lot — by a small, toxic gutted, lap dwelling, rascal rat squirrel.
- Burst eardrum – Mapirate got smashed pretty good out at Snapper rocks , falling out the sky to meet the wave-base ear first, with the lip a millisecond behind , never a good combination 🙂
- Madpirate Surfvan – engine blew, twice , van currently lined up for a full rebuild, the much abused Piratevan has served long and hard under the Pirates steering arm. And is due for some fitting out once it has completed its engine surgery
- Had to move from comfy house in Tugun as landlords moved back in— (see High Points 🙂
- The latter part of 2013 has been a total fail as far waves are concerned , months and months of small onshore garbage-burgers , MadPirate is worried his inner grommet is growing up , or worse the flames of stoke are dimming